Friday, June 10, 2011

Frankie and Da Bird

Last night after dinner I took a new Da Bird up for Frankie.  His hunting instinct kicked in right away.  He hissed a couple of times at the feathers (I used the original feather toy) and he was all worked up about catching the bird.  I had him run through the room, up and down the kitty tree and jump in the air (he can leap almost as good as Tubi).  After about 10 min he was panting and breathing heavy.  So, I stopped for the night although he was dissapointed...

I too was dissapointed in the quality of the feathers.  Da Bird usually uses quail feathers in their toys, but this one had the heavy turkey feathers just like the immitators of Da Bird are using.  I bought the entire toy (stick and refill) at our local pet store since I wanted to play with him right away.  We usually order their toys online.  Hopefully, our regular vendor has the traditional qualiry feather refills which fly much better in the air.

Of course, once a very excited kitty chews or grabs the feathers, the toy is pretty much done but what can one do about?  Just buy some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment