Monday, June 13, 2011

Cuddle kitty boy!

Frankie is a cuddler!  Yesterday I rested on the sofa in his room and he thoughtfully watched me from the distance, then promptly jumped up and settled on my chest.  It was such a sweet and unexpected gift!  He stayed on my chest for a few minutes, purring and nudging my hand for pets, then moved up on his kitty tree.  He continued to look at me with big round inquisitive eyes from the top condo.

I wish we could spend more time with him ever day, but we can't.  When we socialized our former feral Sweet Pea, I spent a great deal of time with him every day and Leo was very upset about it.  This made the intros more difficult.  We have to take baby steps with introducing new kitties in our family.  I am jealous of those households where people just bring new kitties in  and expose them right away to the resident cats with no problems.

We will wait for a couple of weeks to put the baby gates up, and meanwhile we will work on the scent swapping and reassuring the rest of the gang that all is well and their life is as wonderful as ever.

Time to go and play a little with Frankie!

No comments:

Post a Comment